Tickle my pixels and I'll tickle yours

A blog for things that don't seem to belong anywhere else.

Name:

I live in Arizona. I like it.

(That picture came with the frame. I really look like this.)

Monday, November 07, 2005

I played golf once

Some friends of mine offered to show me how to play. Early one morning they took me to an easy course of par 3 holes. The first hole had a water hazard, but was otherwise straightforward. I made the cup in just 45 strokes, having lost only 11 balls in the water.

As we worked our way around the course, I continued to perform at the same level of proficiency. This must have been relatively good for a beginner, since my friends commented that they had never seen such a result before, and that they had never imagined anyone could have such aptitude for the game.

The experience taught me that golf is a game that brings happiness. My friends were full of good cheer all day, smiling and chuckling as we played. Despite their heartwarming laughter, I had to withdraw before completing the front nine. I was not used to being out on the links, and lacked the stamina to continue. Besides, it was getting too dark to see the ball.

Sadly, I have not continued to play golf. I'm afraid it is a game for the rich: For a man of my means, the cost of replacement balls is prohibitive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home